KEEPING UP WITH THE MORENOS

This is our blog - a place for family and friends to keep up with our lives in beautiful Colorado!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I am a 33 year old wife and mother of a 10 year old boy and step-mother to a 15 year old girl who lives in Arizona. I was born in Pennsylvania, moved to Arizona when I was three, then moved to Wyoming with my husband and son in search of a better life when I was 25 and moved once more to the beautiful state of Colorado a little over 5 years ago! I love Colorado - it is the best climate and the most beautiful place on Earth!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Vacation - Part 3 - Deadwood

Ok - I'm back - hehehe!!! I had a few minutes to update some more on my blog. These are more pictures from our trip to South Dakota. We took a day and went to

It was so much fun! It is a small town filled with historic places and stories! It is the town that Wild Bill Hickok was shot and killed during a poker game. There is a saloon in town that re-enacts that game. Everyday - two actors (Wild Bill and the man who shot him) recruit three audience members and they re-enact that day.

This is the actor who plays Wild Bill. He is so funny! He walks around the town all day - giving people a hard time, doing this re-enactment and doing shoot-outs in town!



Here is a shot of the lucky audience members and Wild Bill playing cards. That game is funny because the three members aren't actors and Wild Bill tries to lead them threw the whole thing! LOL

Here is Wild Bill at the end of the game. OUCH!

The saloon has the actual chair that Wild Bill was sitting in when he was shot. It is in a glass case above the door.

And this is a shot of Wild Bill's grave marker. It is in a cemetary that sits on a hill that overlooks the town. His grave is next to Calamity Jane's grave.

Deadwood was so much fun! I just loved it! I highly recommend it if you are ever in the area!

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Lady said...

I wanna go! I wanna go!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home