KEEPING UP WITH THE MORENOS

This is our blog - a place for family and friends to keep up with our lives in beautiful Colorado!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I am a 33 year old wife and mother of a 10 year old boy and step-mother to a 15 year old girl who lives in Arizona. I was born in Pennsylvania, moved to Arizona when I was three, then moved to Wyoming with my husband and son in search of a better life when I was 25 and moved once more to the beautiful state of Colorado a little over 5 years ago! I love Colorado - it is the best climate and the most beautiful place on Earth!

Monday, August 14, 2006

VACATION part 2 = Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse

On the same day that we went to the Mammoth Dig - we also went to Mount Rushmore. What an amazing site! I was so impressed! It was beautiful!


And yes - I actually asked for my picture to be taken - lol!!! I hate pictures - I really do - but every vacation we go on - I get one picture of my honey and me!!!


This was the most amazing site I have ever seen. It is a memorial to Crazy Horse. It is not even close to being done. I think they estimated 65 more years. I highly recommend reading the story behind it! It was incredible! I was totally awe struck! All four of the heads at Mount Rushmore can fit into the space that just Crazy Horse's head takes up on this mountain.

The sculpture in the front is a scale model of what the mountain will look like when completed! AMAZING!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Crazy Lady said...

Very cool!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Diana Joy said...

Hi Hon!
How fun!!!
It looks like you had a wonderful summer:)
No wonder I haven't heard from you much:D
I love the house!!!! Good job picking it out!!!
My children say, "BIG BUMMER" when they have to mow the lawn....& pick up the poo! LOL
You look so happy in your vacation pictures.
Thanks for sharing!
XOXOXO
((((BIG HUG))))
Love,
Diana Joy

6:58 PM  
Blogger Diana Joy said...

Hey girl!!!
Where are u? Stop by my spot some time? I miss u!!!
Love me:)

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home